A single AHCA or DOH administrative action can put a health care facility’s future in doubt. From denied initial licenses and renewals to emergency suspensions and immediate final orders, these actions can disrupt your patients’ lives, as well as your and your employees’ livelihoods.
Dwight Slater leads the firm’s administrative law practice and brings more than a decade of state government experience, including as Senior Attorney with the Florida Agency of Health Care Administration (AHCA) and as Chief Appellate Counsel for the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
The attorneys of Cohn Slater draw on years of experience to identify and implement solutions to these licensing challenges for a variety of AHCA- and DOH-regulated health care facilities.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisted Living Facilities (ALF)
- Home Health Agencies
- Clinical and Dental Laboratories
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Birth Centers
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Crisis Stabilization Units
- Short-Term Residential Treatment Facilities
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Health Clinics
- Residential Treatment Centers for Children and Adolescents
- Long-Term Care Facilities and Hospice
- Home Medical Equipment Providers
- Pediatric Extended Care Facilities
- Transitional Living Facilities
- Pain Management Clinics